Saturday, May 31, 2008

An Investment

I have endowed my interest in the lives of lost souls,
Or a drought of cleanliness on my part.
Wavering away the shackles placed upon my heart.
To love you.
A friend indeed of merits.
Deliberate in my endeavor to consult your affirmation.
But can it be seen?
Do you notice me?

Pronounce me dead.
For this hurt I cannot bare.
Force me into exile.
So my worth is not in vain.
Loyalty is what I ask.
But not yielded in the fruits that I sow.

The reaping of my decisions has become known.
Caught up in an emotion and acting upon it with clear intentions.
Deceit hunts the soul.
As I imitate my own delusion.
Truth is. I am hurting.
Shadowed in smiles.
A plea.
A cry.
Listen.

I hold on further.
Bestowed by faith.
Carrying out the battle to exist in your world,
As I covet to hear from me today, tomorrow, and yesterday.

Optimism abides within.

No comments: