Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Here I Stand

Yesterday I celebrated yet another birthday.
I woke up feeling bad, depressed, and lonely but as the day evolved my mood shifted and I was doing aiight.
It is interesting how moods can change easily but people do, too.
Life is hard.
This statement is true but limited.
I choose to believe we all have choices.
And sometimes we find ourselves in a mess or floored with joy.
With this in mind, it is I who constructs a canvas exhibiting my sequence.
I am a light.
Exemplifying hurt and pain but radiant with passion –truth.
My bad day is my good day.
Sickness surrenders to wellness.
Hate shadows love.
Yesterday turns into today.
Mistakes are gems.
You can’t rush perfection.
So be.
Happy.
Love more.
Give.
Smile.
Practice patience.
Help your neighbor.
Live in the moments.
Express Honesty.
Breathe.
Do the impossible.
BECOME.
I say all this because life can be short.
We never know where life will take us.
But what we can do is make the most of what we have and that is life.
I look forward to my next birthday.
I choose to believe I will wake up more superior than when I woke up yesterday.

1 comment:

Frank & Andrea said...

Wow. Lamonte, your stuff rocks. Keep writing...it's an encouragement for me to read!