Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Signature of Success

It was not by surprise that one day I called my "Little Brother" to check up on him that the words from his mouth might come by SURPRISE. "I am running for Miss. State SA President." To my array, I paused and thought about it for a quick second, when will this boy ever stop! He just keeps going and accomplishing. What is it that this boy cannot do? What is next on his agenda of many things to do? He has tired to show me up in so many ways... but I think him running for SA President surpasses my many accomplishments in COLLEGE.
Even though he may not be my real brother, I kind of consider him to be. This young man is Jeremy Lamar Johnson. I got the opportunity to meet this guy when I was a Summer Orientation Leader in 2003. From then until today, he has grown into an outstanding BLACK man and leader for Miss. State, his community, and to myself. I cannot say that I did not give him a hard time when we first became aquainted. He, of course, at the time wanted to become an "ALPHA MAN." So, I challenged him quite a bit. I am sure today, he appreciates those moments when I was not so kind. Needless to say, I am so proud of his many accomplishments thus far in his college career. His uses the words, "A Signature of Success" to run his campaign slogan. What a great choice of words to highlight who he is as an individual. It is but with the signing of his name that all can say that he is a story of true SUCCESS.
Elections will be held on Feb. 20th on-campus and I hope that I will make it down for this occasion. Regardless of the final outcome, he will forever be a winner in this great endeavor. I wish you best of luck FRAT.

No comments: