Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's Amazing How Time Flies!

Just three days ago, I celebrated another birthday. This year I spent my birthday in Yellowstone National Park camping out in "Bear Country." A little apprehensive to my first real camping experience and sleeping in a tent, I grew to realize much about the road ahead of me... thus the creation of a new blog post. Buckle up!

I ran across a job posting at my undergraduate institution and thoroughly considered about applying for the position. I must say, I was eager and excited to go back to a place I called home for 5 years. Miss State was a place I learned a lot about me. Every chance I get the opportunity to go back and visit, I am in awe of the continous progress and the memorizes of my time there. It's amazing how time flies!

As a senior in highschool, I will admit I did not do my homework. I did not assertively apply for scholarships and invest time in looking into different colleges. Yes, I did sign up on a scholarship website but was too lazy to take a proactive stance on my educational pursuit. I knew without a doubt I would major in education. I received different materials in the mail from various schools and came to the conclusion out-of-state schools would not be an option - I did not want to run into to debt paying for my education.

As time for h.s. graduation approached, one of my good friends and I decided to both go to Delta State for their excellent education program. We went to visit campus and learn more about the opportunities available. I was not impressed at all. Despite my experience, I applied and was accepted. Man, did things change in a short amount of time. As a member of FBLA, my teacher wanted the class to take a trip her alma mater -Miss. State- for a visit. Like love at first sight, the first time I sat food on campus I knew it was HOME. I would not trade my MAROON and WHITE experience for the WORLD.

So know as I ponder my future ambitions and next steps, I wonder if I am ready to go back and explore a place which means a lot to me? Or should I explore other avenues and keep those memorizes of what I once had where they are - in the past? Or maybe begin to create new ones? Um... there is much to think about...

1 comment:

Your Favorite Teacher said...

Keep me updated!