Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tick Tock.

The clock inside my head has begun to start ticking.
Tick Tock.
Time for me is of the essence.
Whether to turn left or go to my right.
I am a mess or at least I know I am not my best.
Understanding what I need to do to begin this process called life,
I am behind my time.
My arrival has long been delayed.
Tick Tock.
We will begin boarding momentarily.
And so I wait.
Waiting for me to live up to my expectations and the better part of me speaks volumes of truth, wisdom, and knowledge.
I am fearless.
Tick Tock.
Now boarding all passengers, but I cannot board just yet.
I am lost, afraid, and unwilling because I know my outlook is not good.
Not right now in the midst of all this turmoil.
Confusion consumes me.
Tick Tock.
Final boarding call.
But I find myself still sitting.
Wondering, daydreaming, and caught off guard by my own irresponsibility, carelessness, and lack of fulfillment.
Tick. Tock.
My timing is off.
I see a brighter day ahead realizing that I am too late.
My gates have been locked and all opportunities are forgone.

I have arrived.

1 comment:

Your Favorite Teacher said...

Keep counting down, cuz.