Monday, July 02, 2007

Its my DUE SEASON...

This past Sunday at church the messaged delivered by the minister made me re-think a lot about where I am as a Christian. The title of his message was "Its my DUE SEASON." Hence, the title of this posting! The scripture was taken from Galatians 6:1-10.

As Christians we have a responsibility to help our Brothers and Sisters in Christ! If we see our fellow Christians struggling it is our duty to help them back into the right direction - especially when the spirit leads us to do such things. "Carry Them, Restore Them, Lift Them Up, and Love Them." We cannot allow "man" to hinder us from helping our fellow Christians because if we do then we miss out on our blessings from God.

Futhermore, none of us are too important for God. He does not care about all of the good things we do if we do not love his sons and daughters like Jesus loved us. If we think we are better then our brothers and sisters we do not have love in our hearts. Instead of looking at your neighbors faults, you must examine yourself. This is an important point I had to learn for myself. I made myself feel like I was more important than my brothers and sisters who I considered to be "in sin." When I, myself, was out in the world doing some of the same things they were. Instead of going to my fellow Christians in a humble fashion and lending them a helping hand, I ostracized them and put myself up on a pedestal in order to make myself feel like I was better. God does not like this. Who am I to say I am better than anyone else? We all have fallen short of God's glory and no one is better than the other. Because of this I have missed out on my blessings from God.

When we ask God, "Why don't I ever see my harvest?" Ask yourself am I doing what the Lord God asks of me to do and is there anyone hindering me from receiving my blessings? If you sow good things, good things will come back to you. It's a win-win situation! As the saying goes, "when you know better, you do better." Now that I know better its time for my DUE SEASON.

God Bless!

No comments: